Jeremy Pruitt was announced as Tennessee’s head coach on December 7th, 2017. Since then, he’s put together a staff of assistants who helped him on the recruiting trail and helped him get to know the Vols’ roster better. But none of those hires had been made official by the University of Tennessee.
That is, until today.
Tennessee officially announced via a press release on Thursday the 10 on-field coaches and three support staff coaches who Pruitt hired as his assistants with the Vols. All of the coaches had been mentioned around the program over the last month-plus, but now there is official confirmation about which roles all 13 individuals will fill.
Here is Tennessee’s official coaching staff heading into the 2018 season:
- Tyson Helton: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks coach
- Will Friend: Offensive Line coach
- Robert Gillespie: Running Backs coach
- David Johnson: Wide Receivers coach
- Brian Niedermeyer: Tight Ends coach
- Kevin Sherrer: Defensive Coordinator/Inside Linebackers coach
- Chris Rumph: Co-Defensive Coordinator/Outside Linebackers coach
- Charles Kelly: Special Teams Coordinator/Safeties coach
- Terry Fair: Cornerbacks coach
- Tracy Rocker: Defensive Line coach
- Craig Fitzgerald: Director of Strength and Conditioning
- Drew Hughes: Director of Player Personnel
- Todd Watson: Director of Football Operations
We will have bios and more information about all 13 assistants in the coming days.