Tennessee welcomed in a handful of their 2020 signing class as early enrollees back in January. Earlier this month, the rest of UT’s 2020 class arrived on campus for summer workouts amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, and now those new Vols have their official jersey numbers.
The official Tennessee football Twitter account released a graphic on Monday afternoon that revealed the jersey numbers of all 19 newcomers to the roster this summer.
Back in January, quarterback Harrison Bailey, QB/WR Jimmy Holiday, defensive lineman Dominic Bailey, and offensive lineman Cooper Mays all joined the Vols’ roster and got their jersey numbers. Transfers Cade Mays, Velus Jones Jr., and Miles Jones also received jersey numbers. On Monday, the rest of their 2020 peers received their numbers as well.
For a refresher, here are the jersey numbers of the Vols who joined in January:
- Jimmy Holiday, QB/WR — No. 10
- Velus Jones Jr., WR — No. 13
- Miles Jones, WR — No. 20
- Harrison Bailey, QB — No. 15
- Dominic Bailey, DL — No. 59
- Cooper Mays, OL — No. 63
- Cade Mays, OL — No. 68
Now here’s a look at the jersey numbers for the rest of Tennessee’s 2020 signing class:
- Malachi Wideman, WR — No. 1
- Tyler Baron, DE — No. 9
- Jimmy Calloway, WR — No. 9
- Keshawn Lawrence, DB — No. 14
- Doneiko Slaughter, DB — No. 18
- Jalin Hyatt, WR — No. 21
- Tamarion McDonald, DB — No. 29
- Jabari Small, RB — No. 33
- Dee Beckwith, TE/WR — No. 34
- Len’Neth Whitehead, RB — No. 35
- Martavius French, LB — No. 40
- Tee Hodge, RB — No. 44
- Will Albright, LS — No. 46
- Bryson Eason, LB — No. 55
- Morven Joseph, LB — No. 56
- Omari Thomas, DL — No. 58
- James Robinson, OL — No. 71
- Javontez Spraggins, OL — No. 76
- Reginald Perry, DL — No. 89
New Vols & their new numbers ⤵️ pic.twitter.com/IdlCnCHw3q
— Tennessee Football (@Vol_Football) June 22, 2020
Wide receiver Malachi Wideman takes Marquez Callaway’s No. 1 jersey and will be the latest Vol who will try to live up to the expectations of wearing the No. 1 jersey. Both Tyler Baron and Jimmy Calloway have the same jersey number, but since Baron plays on defense and Calloway plays on offense, they can share that number and it not interfere as long as the two aren’t on the field at the same time.
Keshawn Lawrence will don the No. 14, the same number legendary safety Eric Berry wore at Tennessee. Doneiko Slaughter will wear No. 18, taking Nigel Warrior’s old number and joining both Warrior and Warrior’s father, Dale Carter, as defensive backs to wear that number at UT.
If Tee Hodge remains at running back in his UT career, he’ll join the likes of Chuck Webb and Bobby Majors as Vol running backs/tailbacks to wear the No. 44 in their careers.