The legacy of legendary Tennessee Lady Vols’ basketball coach Pat Summitt will live on through the Vols’ football team in 2016.
Tennessee will wear a commemorative sticker honoring Summitt this season, head coach Butch Jones confirmed on Saturday afternoon.
Other notes from Jones’ session on Saturday:
• Jones confirmed that the team will hold a pep rally on Wednesday at 6:30 pm ET outside of Gate 21A at Neyland Stadium
• Former Vol and Green Bay Packer Chad Clifton, who was recently inducted into the Packers’ Hall of Fame, will be UT’s Legend of The Game against Appalachian State on Thursday
• Jones said he was impressed with how far injured defensive tackle Shy Tuttle has come in camp. He had no problem recently in a cut block drill (which is how he got hurt last year), and said he has an “inner peace” about his injury and recovery. Tuttle is listed as a second-team defensive tackle on the first depth chart.
• Defensive end Kyle Phillips isn’t on the depth chart, but Butch Jones said he’s been set back a bit from “nagging injuries” and should be back on the practice field this week.
• Redshirt freshman Andrew Butcher is back on the practice field and is working at defensive tackle
• Jones said Alexis Johnson continues to progress in his conditioning, but didn’t comment as to if he’d be ready to play against Appalachian State on Thursday