Tennessee already knew which SEC teams they would be playing in the upcoming 2019-20 season, now they know when, what time, and on what TV channel they’ll be playing every conference game this upcoming year.
The SEC announced their full slate of conference games for the 2019-20 men’s basketball season on Tuesday, and Tennessee will get the SEC schedule started on January 4th. The Vols will also frequent ESPN or ESPN2 several times, and they’ll be part of a marquee match-up on CBS a couple times as well.
Tennessee’s contest with LSU on January 4th will be the first SEC game played during the 2019-20 season, and it will tip-off at noon in Knoxville. The game will be televised either on ESPN2 or ESPNU.
The Vols are slated to appear on CBS twice during the 2019-20 SEC schedule. Tennessee’s match-up with Kentucky in Knoxville on February 8th will tip-off at 1:00 PM Eastern and will be on CBS, and UT’s contest against Auburn over in Auburn on February 22nd will also be on CBS. That game will begin at noon.
Tennessee begins their 2019-20 SEC schedule at home but quickly makes several trips to see other conference opponents. Three of the Vols’ first five SEC games are on the road (at Missouri, at Georgia, and at Vanderbilt). The Vols have back-to-back road games in SEC play three different times, but they only have back-to-back home games against SEC foes twice, but one of those times is split up with a road trip to Lawrence, Kansas to take on the Kansas Jayhawks on January 25th.
The Vols end the season again with a match-up with Bruce Pearl’s Auburn Tigers. Tennessee ended the regular season last year with a trip to Auburn to take on the Tigers. This year, the Vols will end their regular season by hosting Auburn in Knoxville.
Here’s a full look at Tennessee’s 2019-20 SEC schedule (all times Eastern):
- Jan. 4 — LSU (Noon, ESPN2/ESPNU)
- Jan. 7 — at Missouri (7:00, SEC Network)
- Jan. 11 — South Carolina (1:00, SEC Network)
- Jan. 15 — at Georgia (7:00, ESPN2/ESPNU)
- Jan. 18 — at Vanderbilt (6:00, SEC Network)
- Jan. 21 — Ole Miss (9:00, SEC Network)
- Jan. 28 — Texas A&M (6:30, SEC Network)
- Feb. 1 — at Mississippi State (2:00, ESPN/ESPN2,ESPNU)
- Feb. 4 — at Alabama (7:00, ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)
- Feb. 8 — Kentucky (1:00, CBS)
- Feb. 11 – Arkansas (7:00, ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)
- Feb. 15 — at South Carolina (6:00, SEC Network)
- Feb. 18 — Vanderbilt (6:30, SEC Network)
- Feb. 22 — at Auburn (Noon, CBS)
- Feb. 26 — at Arkansas (8:30, SEC Network)
- Feb. 29 — Florida (2:00, ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)
- Mar. 3 — at Kentucky (9:00, ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU
- Mar. 7 — Auburn (Noon, ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)
With the official release of the 2019-20 SEC schedule, Tennessee now knows their entire 2019-20 basketball schedule in men’s hoops.
The Vols will begin play with an exhibition match-up against Eastern New Mexico in Thompson-Boling Arena on October 30th. The tip-off time has yet to be announced for that game, however.
Tennessee officially begins their 2019-20 season against UNC-Asheville on November 5th in Knoxville. The tip-off time and TV network has yet to be determined. The Vols will then host Murray State a week later on November 12th before traveling up to Toronto, Ontario to take on Washington in a neutral site match-up for the James Naismith Classic on November 16th.
The Vols will play 12 non-conference games before the start of SEC play on January 4th, and they have a 13th non-conference game in the middle of the SEC season. As mentioned above, Tennessee travels to Kansas to take on the Kansas Jayhawks on January 25th as part of the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.
Here’s a look at Tennessee’s full non-conference schedule:
- Nov. 5 — UNC-Asheville (TBD)
- Nov. 12 — Murray State (TBD)
- Nov. 16 (Toronto) — Washington (James Naismith Classic, 5:00, TBD)
- Nov. 20 — Alabama State (TBD)
- Nov. 25 — Chattanooga (TBD)
- Nov. 29 (Niceville, FL) — Florida State (Emerald Coast Classic, 7:00, CBS)
- Nov. 30 (Niceville, FL) — Purdue or VCU (Emerald Coast Classic, 4:00 or 7:00 PM, TBD)
- Dec. 4 — Florida A&M (TBD)
- Dec. 14 — Memphis (TBD)
- Dec. 18 — at Cincinnati (TBD)
- Dec. 21 — Jacksonville State (TBD)
- Dec. 28 — Wisconsin (TBD)
- Jan. 25 — at Kansas (TBD, ESPN/ESPN2)