No. 21 Tennessee (1-0) takes on Missouri (0-1) this Saturday in its home-opener. Kickoff with the Tigers is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on the SEC Network.
Rocky Top Insider is tracking throughout the week which players are expected to be available and which players are not expected to play due to injury. We’ll continue to update that status of players from both teams leading up until kickoff.
Here’s a look at the injury report for this weekend’s matchup between the Vols and Mizzou:
This article was last updated at 11:20 a.m. ET on Saturday morning.
- LT Jahmir Johnson, Sr. (out)
- Johnson is not dressed out during warmups due to unknown reasons.
- DB Shawn Shamburger, Sr. (OUT)
- Shamburger did not travel to South Carolina over the weekend. Jeremy Pruitt said on Monday that Shamburger wasn’t out due to disciplinary reasons and during the SEC Teleconference on Wednesday, Pruitt said that he likely wasn’t going to practice that day.
- Shamburger was not on the field during pregame warmups.
- DB Jaylen McCollough, So. (Probable)
- McCollough did not start against the Gamecocks due to injury, but did play in the second half. Pruitt said following Wednesday’s practice that he was good to go against Missouri.
- DB Warren Burrell, So. (Probable)
- Burrell was in a similar spot as McCollough. The sophomore corner was banged up in practice last week and is good to go for this weekend according to Pruitt.
- DL Darel Middleton, Sr. (Probable)
- Middleton did not make the trip to South Carolina due to what he called “health issues” on Twitter prior to the game. Following Tennessee’s win over the Gamecocks, Middleton tweeted that he was “back in the mix.” Pruitt was “hopeful” on Wednesday that he will be available.
- Middleton was going through warmups.
- DL Savion Williams, Sr. (Questionable)
- Williams did not make the trip to South Carolina. There has been no talk from Pruitt publicly as to whether or not he’ll be available for Missouri.
- TE Austin Pope, Sr. (OUT)
- Pope had offseason back surgery over the summer. Though he was ahead of schedule and on track to be ready for the season opener, Pope had a setback and will “probably” not play this season according to Jeremy Pruitt.
- RB Dee Beckwith, Fr. (OUT)
- Beckwith suffered an ankle injury during practice this week and will not travel with the team this weekend to Columbia.
Tennessee opt outs:
- WR Deangelo Gibbs
- Secondary coach Charlie Harbison (OUT)
- missed Missouri’s season-opener last week against Alabama due to COVID-19 related reasons and will not coach against Tennessee this weekend. Defensive analyst Grant O’Brien coached in placed of Harbison against the Crimson Tide and will do so again against the Vols.
- CB Jarvis Ware, (OUT)
- Ware suffered a knee injury against Alabama in which he had to come out of the game in the first quarter. He had an MRI following the game and according to Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz, it does not appear to be a season-ending knee injury. Missouri confirmed during warmups he would not play today.
- C Drake Heismeyer (Questionable)
- Missouri’s backup center was not on the sideline against Alabama. No reason was provided as to why the true freshman was not available.
- LS Daniel Hawthorne (Questionable)
- Hawthorne also was not present on Missouri’s sideline against Alabama. No reason was provided.
Missouri opt outs:
- S Chris Shearin
- LB Aubrey Miller
- WR Maurice Massey
- WR CJay Boone
- OL Thalen Robinson
- OT Jack Buford
- DL Chris Daniels