No. 18 Tennessee (2-1) takes on Kentucky (1-2) in Knoxville this Saturday. Kickoff with the Wildcats is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on the SEC Network.
Rocky Top Insider is tracking throughout the week which players are expected to be available and which players are not expected to play due to injury. We’ll continue to update the status of players from both teams leading up until kickoff.
Here’s a look at the injury report for this weekend’s matchup between the Vols and Wildcats:
- Alontae Taylor, Jr. (OUT)
- Taylor is not dressed out and not going through warmups. There has been no official update.
- LT Jahmir Johnson, Sr. (Questionable)
- Johnson has not been available the past two games due to an ankle injury. Pruitt said during the SEC Teleconference that he practiced on Tuesday and that he would be a game-time decision. Johnson went through pre-game warmups.
- RG Jerome Carvin, Jr. (Questionable)
- Like Johnson, Carvin is a game-time decision. He did not play against Georgia due to injury, but Pruitt said that he practiced on Tuesday. Carvin went through pre-game warmups.
- DL Savion Williams, Sr. (Questionable)
- That status of Williams is unknown. He has not played in Tennessee’s first three games.
- TE Austin Pope, Sr. (OUT)
- Pope had offseason back surgery over the summer. Though he was ahead of schedule and on track to be ready for the season opener, Pope had a setback and will “probably” not play this season according to Jeremy Pruitt.
- RB Dee Beckwith, Fr. (OUT)
- Beckwith suffered an ankle injury during practice the week leading into the South Carolina game. Pruitt stated on Wednesday that Beckwith is currently working on the scout team as he works his way back from injury.
Tennessee opt outs:
- WR Deangelo Gibbs