Tennessee (2-2) takes on No. 2 Alabama (4-0) in Knoxville on Saturday afternoon. Kickoff with the Crimson Tide is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.
Rocky Top Insider is tracking throughout the week which players are expected to be available and which players are not expected to play due to injury. We’ll continue to update the status of players from both teams leading up until kickoff.
Here’s a look at the injury report for this weekend’s matchup between the Vols and Crimson Tide:
- Alontae Taylor, Jr. (Probable)
- Taylor missed last Saturday’s game against Kentucky due to a hamstring injury he suffered against Georgia. He’ll be a game-time decision, but Taylor did practice this week according to Vols head coach Jeremy Pruitt.
- LB Jeremy Banks, So. (Questionable)
- Banks suffered an ankle injury against Kentucky in the first half and did not play the remainder of the game. Pruitt stated following the game that the x-rays on Banks’ ankle came back negative. He was limited in practice this week.
- LT Wanya Morris, So. (Questionable)
- Morris is a game-time decision according to Pruitt after suffering an ankle injury in the second half of the Kentucky game.
- RG Jerome Carvin, Jr. (Probable)
- Carvin is dealing with turf toe and did not play against Georgia, though he did make an appearance against Kentucky. Pruitt said that he would be available this week for the Vols.
- LT Jahmir Johnson, Sr. (Questionable)
- An ankle injury has kept Johnson out of the last three games. Pruitt said this week that he has been extremely limited over the last couple of weeks, but that it will be “good to get those guys back” when talking about Johnson and Carvin.
- RG Riley Locklear (OUT)
- Locklear is the one offensive lineman that definitely won’t play against Alabama. He had surgery on Friday and could potentially miss the remainder of the season.
- OL Cooper Mays, Fr. (Questionable)
- Mays’ status for the Alabama game is unknown, but Pruitt did say on Vol Calls that he was “banged up.”
- TE Austin Pope, Sr. (OUT)
- Pope had offseason back surgery over the summer. Though he was ahead of schedule and on track to be ready for the season opener, Pope had a setback and will “probably” not play this season according to Jeremy Pruitt.
- DB Baylen Buchannan, Sr. (OUT)
- Buchannan is not playing this season due to a “narrowing of the spine” that also cost him his 2019 season.
- RB Dee Beckwith, Fr. (OUT)
- Beckwith suffered an ankle injury during practice the week leading into the South Carolina game. Pruitt stated on Wednesday that Beckwith is currently working on the scout team as he works his way back from injury.
Tennessee opt outs:
- WR Deangelo Gibbs
- DL LaBryan Ray, (Questionable)
- Ray, one of Alabama’s starting defensive lineman, is dealing with an elbow injury. Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban said he remains questionable for Saturday’s game. Ray was able to practice some this week.
- TE Carl Tucker, (Questionable)
- Saban said that North Carolina graduate transfer Carl Tucker also remains questionable for the Alabama game. Tucker is dealing with a hamstring injury after pulling his hamstring on kickoff return last week.
Alabama opt outs: