We start this week’s VFLs in the NFL on a different, more somber, note.
Seattle outside linebacker and former SEC sack leader Darrell Taylor went down with a serious injury on Sunday Night Football as his head collided with a teammate while attempting to tackle Pittsburgh running back Najee Harris.
Taylor, who was in the midst of a breakout season, was down on the field for an extended amount of time before being stretched off the field.
Monday, Seattle coach Pete Carroll provided an update on Taylor, saying he has full use of all his extremities and that the initial tests went well.
“That’s a really good preliminary report for you,” Carroll said. “There’s more tests to be done and stuff like that. So we’re thrilled about that news.”
With that update, let’s move on to see how the rest of the former Tennessee players performed in week six.
* Morgan Cox and the Tennessee Titans play on Monday Night Football against Buffalo.
VFLs In The NFL — Week Four
Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia
Derek Barnett — PHI DE
- Four tackles and one quarterback hit in a 28-22 loss
- 87% of defensive snaps and 21% of special teams snaps
Miami @ Jacksonville (In London)
Michael Palardy — MIA Punter
- Four punts for 158 yards in 23-20 loss
Justin Coleman — MIA DB
- Four tackles
- 100% of defensive snaps and 32% of special teams snaps
Cincinnati @ Detroit
Jalen Reeves-Maybin — DET LB
- Seven tackles in 34-11 loss
- 47% of defensive snaps and 24% of special teams snaps
Kansas City @ Washington
Trey Smith — KC OG
- 100% of offensive snaps and 20% of special teams snaps in 31-13 win
Los Angeles Chargers @ Baltimore
Josh Palmer — LAC WR
- One catch for eight yards in 34-6 loss
- 52% of offensive snaps
Arizona @ Cleveland
Malik Jackson — CLE DT
- One tackle in 37-14 loss
- 72% of offensive snaps and 13% of special teams snaps
Las Vegas @ Denver
Alexander Johnson — DEN LB
- Four tackles in 34-24 loss
- 59% of defensive snaps, 13% of special teams snaps
Seattle @ Pittsburgh
Cam Sutton — PIT DB
- Three tackles in 23-20 win
- 100% of defensive snaps, 12% of special teams snaps
Darrell Taylor — SEA OLB
- Four tackles and one quarterback hit
- 47% of defensive snaps, 27% of special teams snaps