On Saturday, New York became the largest state to launch legal online sports betting. FanDuel is one of four sportsbooks that launched on day one, and with more than 20 million people in the state, New York promises to be an exciting market. To celebrate, you can use our exclusive link to claim a $1,000 risk-free bet with the FanDuel NY promo code.
According to research done by Macquarie, New York could accumulate as much as $1 billion in gross revenue from mobile sports betting, which would make it the largest market in the country. Since the U.S. Supreme Court struck down laws that prohibited gambling, states have been legalizing it in rapid-fire succession. New York is the 18th state to launch mobile sports betting.
FanDuel New York Promo Offer
FanDuel New York has a generous promo offer that gives new users quite the safety net should their first bet lose.
New users can get a risk-free first bet of up to $1,000. If their first bet wins, the winnings are awarded in withdrawable cash and there is no bonus. If the first bet loses, however, FanDuel will give the user site credit equal to the amount of the first bet up to $1,000. Terms and conditions apply.
How To Get The FanDuel New York Mobile App
You must be at least 21 years of age and reside in New York to be eligible to place bets via the internet in the state.
- Register for a new account at the FanDuel Sportsbook website.
- Provide proof that you are a resident of New York.
- Submit a state-issued ID to confirm your identity.
- Download the FanDuel New York Sportsbook app from the Google Play app store or the Apple app store.
- Make your first deposit in your new FanDuel sportsbook account.
- Use your free bet from FanDuel.
Betting On Sports In New York With FanDuel
Previously, New York residents had to place their sports bets in person at an Upstate retail casino or cross the border to another state to bet online. The Jan. 8 launch of online sports betting, which featured FanDuel, DraftKings, Caesars, and BetRivers changes all of that.
Five weeks before Super Bowl LVI and two days prior to the National College Football Championship game, New York bettors can wager legally on sports from the comfort of their couches.
The following sporting events were on tap for New York sports bettors in the first few weeks of legal online betting in the state:
- The final regular-season weekend of the NFL, with several games determining playoff spots and positioning.
- The NFL playoffs begin on Jan. 15, with two wild-card games. The NFL will feature six playoff games from Jan. 15-17.
- Both the Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks are in action in the NBA. The Nets have the second-best record in the Eastern Conference.
- The NHL’s Rangers, who like the Knicks play at Madison Square Garden, sit in first place in the Metropolitan Division of the Eastern Conference. Hockey fans can also bet on the Islanders, who skate on the ice at UBS Arena in Elmont.
- The College Football Playoff Championship Game on Jan. 10 between Alabama and Georgia.
- Super Bowl LVI will culminate the 2021-22 NFL season and crown a league champion.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call or text the Tennessee REDLINE: 1-800-889-9789. Please Gamble Responsibly. 21+