Kentucky online sports betting sites are live, and the major US sportsbooks are competing for a piece of your action.
To do that, they are offering a variety of Kentucky sports betting promos and bonuses to attract your business, including bonus bets just signing up, making deposits and betting regularly.
Here’s how you can get your hands on all that and more.
Kentucky sportsbook promos and offers
The top online sportsbooks in the country offer great bonuses and valuable promos in the dozens of states where they’re licensed to operate. Here’s what they’re doing now and what they’re offering new users as Kentucky sports betting apps are live.
BetMGM Sportsbook Kentucky
- Welcome sign-up offer: $1,500 back if your first bet loses.
- Current promos Nov. 2023: Same Game Parlay Insurance (for MLB and EPL), Draft Predictor Challenge
- Famous for: More than just NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL promos
- See more: BetMGM Kentucky promo codes
FanDuel Sportsbook Kentucky
- Welcome sign-up offer: Bet $5 get $150 in bonus bets
- Current promos Nov. 2023: NFL bet and gets, NBA SGPs
- Famous for: NFL and NBA promos
- See more: FanDuel Kentucky promo codes
Caesars Sportsbook Kentucky
- Welcome sign-up offer: Get up to a $1,000 first bet on Caesars
- Current promos Nov. 2023: Caesars Rewards, Caesars Profit Boosts, odds boosts, Spread The Word Referrals, Independence Day Drawing
- Famous for: Odds boosts on the biggest games
- See more: Caesars Kentucky promo codes
DraftKings Sportsbook Kentucky
- Welcome sign-up offer: Up to $1,200 in total bonuses + No Sweat SGP Every Day
- Current promos Sept. 2023: NBA Super Boosts, NBA No Sweat SGP, Premier League Stepped Up Parlay, 33% All Sports SGPx Boost, NHL Playoffs First Goal Scorer Odds Surge
- Famous for: NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL promos
- See more: DraftKings Kentucky promo codes
Kentucky sportsbook promo codes
Now that Kentucky sportsbooks are live, they have unveiled their promo codes and bonus codes for welcome offers.
A promo code is usually some combination of letters and numbers you have to enter at some point during registration in order to get the full sign-up offer.
However, some sportsbooks don’t require a promo code and instead give their bonus to all new customers.
|Sportsbook📱||Sign-Up Bonus💰||Promo code🔢|
|BetMGM KY||Up to a $1,500 bonus back if your first bet loses||ROCKYBET|
|DraftKings KY||Up to $1,200 in total bonuses + a No Sweat Same Game Parlay Every Day||No code needed - click link|
|FanDuel KY||Bet $5 get $150 in bonus bets if your first moneyline bet wins||No code needed - click link|
|Caesars Sportsbook KY||Get up to a $1,000 first bet on Caesars||START1000|
What to look for in a sportsbook bonus offer
You’ll want to consider these four factors when deciding whether a sports betting bonus offer from a Kentucky sportsbook app is worth pursuing:
- Bonus amount: the bigger the bonus, the better
- Playthrough requirements: the less you have to do to clear the bonus, the better
- Bonus type: Bonus bet, deposit bonus, and first bet offers are all different
- Sportsbook reputation: The biggest and best offers come from recognizable, trustworthy, and reliable U.S. sportsbooks
How playthrough requirements work
There is something of a catch when it comes to new player bonuses at online sportsbooks. At the very least, there will be something you must do to get your hands on the bonus. Most of the time, there are simple wagering requirements, otherwise known as playthrough requirements.
These requirements are attached to the bonus so you can’t simply take the money and run. However, they’re easy to follow, as they simply spell out the number of times you have to bet the bonus before you can actually withdraw it or any winnings accrued using it. Ultimately, playthrough requirements tell you how difficult a bonus is to clear and, therefore, its true value.
Most of the time, the bonus bets offered to you by sportsbooks have what’s equal to just a one-time or two-time playthrough requirement, making them easy to clear. All you have to do is either bet one time with your bonus bet, and the winnings are yours to keep, or place one bet with your own money, lose it, and you’ll get a refund in bonus bets you can use to bet again.
It gets a little more complicated when it comes to deposit bonuses. Read the fine print on these bonuses. It’s common to find you’ll have to wager the bonus amount as many as 15 or 20 times before the bonus is actually released to you.
Types of Kentucky sportsbook bonuses and promos
- Deposit match bonuses: This is where a sportsbook matches a percentage of your deposit with bonus money you can use to place bets. The match will generally range from 20% to 100% of your deposit. Just be careful, as there are always wagering requirements attached, and they can be tough to clear unless you string together a few wins. Look for higher percentages, higher limits, and lower wagering requirements to get max value out of a deposit match bonus.
- No deposit bonuses and bonus bets: This is a bonus bet sportsbooks give you just for signing up. You have to bet with it, so there’s something akin to a one-time wagering requirement attached. But there’s no need to make a deposit, and anything won with a bonus bet should be yours to keep. If there’s a downside, it’s that sportsbook bonus bets like this are almost always on the small side.
- Bet and Gets: This is generally a bonus bet sportsbooks give to you for betting on something else. Essentially, Bet and Gets either offer you a bigger-than-normal payoff or a guaranteed win. The standard Bet and Get offers some great value, giving you $150 to $200 in bonus bets just for betting $5 in a particular market, whether you win that bet or not.
- Odds boosts: Here, sportsbooks give you bigger-than-normal odds on a particular bet. Most sportsbooks offer daily odds boosts and regular odds boosts surrounding big events. Sometimes you can even choose where to apply a boost. Boosted bets have value only when they win, so it’s important not to let a boost sway you into making a bet you don’t like. Instead, look at odds boosts as added value to something you were already going to bet on.
- Profit boosts: This is where sportsbooks offer you the chance to earn a bigger profit on a winning bet. It’s usually a small percentage added to your profits on a bet. Most sportsbooks offer profit boosts regularly, particularly surrounding big events. Once again, these boosts have value only when you win, so don’t let the allure of a profit boost sway you. Instead, look at profit boosts as added value to bets you were already planning to place.
- Insurance: Whether you’re talking about parlay insurance, OT insurance, third-or-fourth-quarter insurance or point insurance, this is where a sportsbook offers you a refund in bonus bets on the bets you come within a hair of winning but fall just short. There’s usually a limit on the size of your refund, and it comes as bonus bets you must use to bet more, not as a full cash refund.
- Daily and weekly promos: These are offered to existing players. You might get a $10 bonus bet for placing $50 in bets the week before, or something similar.
- Event promos: Sportsbooks run promos, odds boosts, free contests, and more surrounding big betting events like Super Bowl odds, World Series odds, Stanley Cup odds and March Madness odds.
- Pools and contests: Many sportsbooks run free-to-enter betting pools and sponsored contests surrounding big events with cash or bonus bet prizes.
Sports betting bonus terms & conditions explained
Read the terms and conditions attached to any sportsbook promo or bonus. These will tell you if there are any strings attached and what they are. Wagering or playthrough requirements are just one example of the kind of terms and conditions attached to a promo or bonus. Others may include:
- Whether the value of a bonus bet will be included in the payout on winning bets
- If refunds come as cash, site credit, one bonus bet, or multiple bonus bets
- What bets qualify for a promo (number of legs in a parlay, minimum odds, etc.)
- All minimums and maximums
Registering with multiple sportsbooks
New player bonuses at licensed sportsbooks are limited to one per person. But there’s no reason why you can’t sign up with every licensed sportsbook in the state and take advantage of them all.
Taking advantage of every one-time, one-per-person offer out there will ensure you get maximum value out of every online sportsbook that lands in Kentucky. Plus, it’ll give you the chance to see what each sportsbook is really about, helping you make an informed decision about where to take your action.
Just be careful. You’ll need to clear the bonuses for this to really pan out, and that might take some work. In fact, it could turn out to be an expensive effort if you’re not winning your bets.
Kentucky bonus offer FAQ
How do I claim a sportsbook bonus in Kentucky?
You can claim any available Kentucky sports betting bonus by signing up for a sportsbook account, making a deposit into that account and placing bets. You can use this page as your home base and get started by clicking the sportsbook links you find here.
What sportsbook bonus offers are available in Kentucky?
All the offers listed above are available in Kentucky now that online sports betting has launched.
What are common terms and conditions on bonus offers?
There are three. Most online sportsbook bonus offers have at least a one-time playthrough requirement. You can keep anything you win, but the bonus bet amount will not normally be included in your payout on winning bets. And finally, if you get a refund on a losing bet, it’ll usually come as a bonus bet, not cash.
Which sports can I get odds boosts for?
Odds boosts are generally offered on specific games or surrounding certain specific events. If you can bet on it, from time to time, sportsbooks will run an odds boost for it. That means odds boosts aren’t limited to one sport or group of sports. Anything goes.