Tennessee Basketball is back in Knoxville.
The Volunteers return to the court on Monday night to open the season as Tennessee begins the journey of defending the 2021-2022 SEC Championship title. While some goals are still far off in the distance, the Vols have a great opportunity to start the season the right way with a win in front of the home crowd.
The Vols will welcome back Tennessee Tech on Monday night, an opponent that Tennessee has seen four previous times during the Rick Barnes era. The two teams met last year in Knoxville with Tennessee taking an 80-69 victory in the game after Thanksgiving.
Here’s everything you need to know for Monday night’s matchup:
How to Watch – Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (0-0) @ No. 11 Tennessee Volunteers (0-0)
- Date: Monday, Nov. 7, 2022
- Start Time: 7:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. CT
- TV: SEC Network+
- “SEC Network is a live 24-hour television network. SEC Network+ is a complementary digital platform providing hundreds of additional digital-only events to fans through the ESPN App on connected devices. SEC Network+ is not a television channel.”
- Michael Wottreng (PxP), Steve Hamer (analyst), Alyson Parris (producer)
- Online Streaming: Watch ESPN/The ESPN App
- Radio (Knoxville): The Vol Network/The Vol Network App
- Radio (Sirius): Ch. 136 (App Ch. 965)
Odds and Statistics
Odds up to date as of 11/7 at 9:30 a.m. ET.
- Fanduel Sportsbook
- Spread: Tennessee -35.5 (-112)/Tennessee Tech +35.5 (-108)
- Moneyline: Tennessee -50000/Tennessee Tech +4000
- Total: Over/Under 142.5 (-110)
- Spread: Tennessee -36 (-110)/Tennessee Tech +36(-110)
- Moneyline: Tennessee -8000/Tennessee Tech +2000
- Total: Over 142.5 (-115)/Under 142.5 (-105)
- ESPN’s Basketball Power Index currently gives Tennessee a 97.3 percent chance to win the game.
- Tennessee has won all but one matchup against the Golden Eagles since 1939. The Vols have a 26-1 overall record against Tennessee Tech, with that one win coming in 1996. Tennessee head coach Rick Barnes is 4-0 against the Golden Eagles during his tenure in Knoxville.
- Tennessee defeated Tennessee Tech by a score of 80-69 in their 2021 matchup last season.
- O. Nkamhoua: 18 points/4 rebounds/1 assist
- K. Chandler: 15/2/4
- J. Fulkerson: 14/6/2
- S. Vescovi: 13/7/7
Probable Starters (via UT Sports)
Returning Stat Leaders (2021 Season)
- Points: Santiago Vescovi – 13.3 PPG, 41.3 FG%, 79.3 FT%
- Rebounds: Josiah-Jordan James – 6.0 RPG
- Assists: Santiago Vescovi – 3.2 APG, 1.6 TOPG, 31.2 MPG
Tennessee HC Rick Barnes Pre-Tennessee Tech:
Tennessee Basketball Practice Highlights
Tennessee Season Hype Video
hello again pic.twitter.com/vSUOepiHI1
— Tennessee Basketball (@Vol_Hoops) November 7, 2022