Action in the NBA is ramping up as several teams are jockeying for playoff positioning and BetMGM Sportsbook has a great offer to join in on the excitement. All new users who sign up with BetMGM bonus code ROCKYBET can take advantage of a first bet offer worth up to $1,000. Below you’ll find everything you need to know about the BetMGM promo and how to claim it.
Claim a $1,000 first bet offer with BetMGM Bonus Code ROCKYBET
How to Claim Your Offer with BetMGM Bonus Code ROCKYBET
Signing up for a BetMGM Sportsbook account and claiming the new user promo is simple. If the first bet you place with BetMGM results in a loss, your stake will be returned as a bonus bet worth up to $1,000. Here’s what the process looks like, step by step:
- Head to the BetMGM Sportsbook website.
- Click “Register”.
- Create a username and password.
- Provide your personal information to confirm your identity.
- Make a deposit of at least $10.
- Download the BetMGM app.
- Make your first bet on the NBA!
Your first bet comes with a safety net of sorts, giving you another chance to wager your money if your first bet settles as a loss. If you do receive a bonus bet, these are the important details to know about using your bet credit:
- Bonus bets will expire and be removed from your account if not used within seven days.
- Your bonus bet credits cannot be split across multiple wagers and must be used in full.
- Any wager won using a bonus bet will not include the wager amount in your winnings.
- If your first bet is for less than $50, you’ll receive one bonus bet. Wagers over $50 will be split into five equal increments.
The last point is unique to BetMGM, as other platforms with similar sports betting promos deposit bonus bets as one credit regardless of the amount.
BetMGM First Bet Offer Strategy
Because your first bet with BetMGM will be paid back in bonus bets if you lose, it can be intriguing to place a longshot parlay and try to hit a big bet right off the bat. While that sounds great in theory, these types of bets rarely pay off.
My go-to strategy with these types of first-bet bonuses is to find a moneyline underdog with a realistic chance of winning or to parlay two moneyline favorites to get better odds.
At the time of this writing, the Denver Nuggets are slight moneyline underdogs at +115 going up against the Memphis Grizzlies on the road. Parlaying the Miami Heat moneyline at -225 with the New York Knicks at -160 gives odds of +134, making for a higher potential payout.
When it comes to the bonus bet, I generally use the same strategy as my first bet. You might look at a heavy favorite as a “guarantee” to win money back, but because you don’t receive the bonus bet wager amount as part of your winnings, you’re limiting your payout.
For example, if you took the Miami Heat moneyline above with a bonus bet of $25 and it hit, you would only receive a payout of $11.11 for an overall loss from your original bet.
With the Nuggets moneyline, however, a bonus bet of $25 would return $28.75 to your account. It’s always important to pay attention to your odds, particularly with bonus bets and site credits.
Upcoming NBA Games This Week
With more than 50 NBA games scheduled between Feb. 27 and March 5, there will be plenty of chances for new users to take advantage of the BetMGM Sportsbook first bet offer. Here are some of the standout games on this week’s NBA schedule:
- Boston Celtics at New York Knicks (Monday, Feb. 27) — These are two of the largest NBA markets. The Celtics are an NBA Finals favorite while the Knicks are in a position to make the playoffs for just the second time in the last 10 seasons.
- Los Angeles Lakers at Memphis Grizzlies (Tuesday, Feb. 28) — If the Lakers want any shot at making the postseason, they have to start stacking wins. This could also be a potential first-round playoff matchup if the Lakers are to sneak in.
- Cleveland Cavaliers at Boston Celtics (Wednesday, March 1) — This matchup features two of the best teams facing off in a nationally-televised ESPN game.
- Philadelphia 76ers at Dallas Mavericks (Thursday, March 2) — A matchup featuring Joel Embiid, James Harden, Kyrie Irving, and Luka Doncic should make for a fantastic game.
- Memphis Grizzlies at Denver Nuggets (Friday, March 3) — At the time of this writing, the Grizz and the Nuggs occupy the top two spots in the Western Conference.
- Philadelphia 76ers at Milwaukee Bucks (Saturday, March 4) — After taking on the Mavs on Thursday, the 76ers will travel north to take on Giannis Antetokounmpo and company in a potential Eastern Conference Finals showdown.