No. 9 Tennessee will play their first home game of the season on Saturday as Austin Peay rolls into town.
Stay tuned to Rocky Top Insider throughout the game for score updates, big plays and moments, and more from Neyland Stadium.
CURRENT SCORE: 1st Quarter – No. 9 Tennessee 30, Austin Peay 13
- Inactives for Tennessee: LB Keenan Pili, DL Elijah Simmons, C Cooper Mays
- WEATHER DELAY at approximately 4:50 p.m. ET
- Lightning detected near Neyland Stadium
- Play is set to resume at 5:30 p.m. ET
- Tennessee captains: QB Joe Milton III, S Jaylen McCollough, CB Brandon Turnage, LS Matthew Salansky, WR Bru McCoy
- Tennessee wins the toss and will defer to the second half. Austin Peay will be on offense first.
- 11:12 – Austin Peay 3, Tennessee 0
- Austin Peay converts a 4th and 2 in their own territory to set up a 8-play, 48-yard scoring drive on the first drive of the game. Field goal is good.
- AP quarterback Mike DiLiello ran for a 45-yard gain on 4th down.
- 6:52 – Austin Peay 3, Tennessee 0
- Austin Peay muffs the punt which is recovered by Tennessee DB Warren Burrell. Vols will take over in the Governors’ red zone.
- 5:57 – Tennessee 3, Austin Peay 3
- Tennessee’s offense can’t move the ball after the turnover
- Charles Campbell knocks through his first field goal as a Vol from 28 yards out
- END of the FIRST QUARTER: Tennessee 3, Austin Peay 3
- 14:54 – Tennessee 3, Austin Peay 3
- Tennessee cannot convert a fourth down just 17 yards away from the endzone.
- 8:15 – Austin Peay 6, Tennessee 3
- 12 plays, 67 yards from the Gov’s offense results in a made field goal.
- 5:23 – Tennesseee 6, Austin Peay 6
- Charles Campbell knocks through the 37-yard field goal behind the leg of Charles Campbell
- Tennessee drove it down the field thanks to Jabari Small runs and some Joe Milton short passes but couldn’t put the ball in the endzone.
- 0:15 – Tennessee 13, Austin Peay 6
- Tennessee’s first TOUCHDOWN of the day comes behind the legs of a Joe Milton six-yard rushing play.
HALFTIME: No. 9 Tennessee 13, Austin Peay 6
- 13:30 – Tennessee 20, Austin Peay 6
- Tennessee scores a TOUCHDOWN on a five-yard pass from Joe Milton to Ramel Keyton
- Vols extend their lead thanks to back-to-back touchdown drives around halftime
- 6:33 – Tennessee 23, Austin Peay 6
- A barrage of questionable calls from the officials hinders Tennessee’s ability to reach the endzone. The Vols come away with a 22-yard field goal from Charles Campbell.
End of the Third Quarter: No. 9 Tennessee 23, Austin Peay 6
- 13:03 – Tennessee 23, Austin Peay 6
- Tennessee CB Kamal Hadden records the Vols’ first defensive turnover of the season with an interception
- 9:01 – Tennessee 23, Austin Peay 13
- Govs score on a long 52-yard reception as Tennessee CB Doneiko Slaughter slips and falls during the route to open up the touchdown.
- 8:03 – Tennessee 30, Austin Peay 13
- Tennessee responds with a 43 yard TOUCHDOWN pass to McCallan Castles