The NHL season runs from October through June and betting on NHL games only adds to the excitement.
Kentucky online sportsbooks will offer up competitive lines for every NHL game, Stanley Cup futures odds, and more.
Here’s a guide to betting on the NHL online in Kentucky, complete with NHL betting site reviews and all the different ways you can get in on all NHL betting action.
Top KY sportsbooks for NHL betting
DraftKings Sportsbook Kentucky
- Standard game lines
- Alternate game lines
- Live NHL game lines and props
- Scoring props
- Points/assists/shots/saves props
- Correct score
- Double chance
- Tie no bet
Plus, there are valuable NHL promos on the platform throughout the season and playoffs.
- Check the latest DraftKings Kentucky promo codes.
FanDuel Sportsbook Kentucky
- Game lines and alternatives
- 60-minute correct score
- Scoring/stat props
- Player performance parlays
Plus, FanDuel has a variety of free NHL contests and valuable promos.
- Check the latest FanDuel Kentucky promo codes.
BetMGM Sportsbook Kentucky
- Game lines
- One game parlays
- Various scoring and stat props
- Winning margin
- Double chance
- Correct score
BetMGM also offers a good variety of NHL promos throughout the season. Check for current BetMGM Kentucky promo codes.
Caesars Sportsbook Kentucky
- Game lines, period betting and alternate lines
- Scoring props
- 60 minutes betting
You’ll also find NHL promos at Caesars throughout the season, including a variety of odds boosts. Check the latest Caesars Kentucky promo codes.
How to bet on NHL online in Kentucky
NHL betting apps can turn your phone or tablet into a mobile sportsbook—usable any time of day, all over Kentucky. Here’s how to get an app and use it to start NHL betting online in Kentucky:
- Go to any of the best KY sports betting sites through the links found on this page.
- Download and install the sports betting app on your phone or tablet through the links found on the site.
- Sign up for an account on the app.
- Deposit money into your account on the app using the most convenient deposit method for you.
- Browse NHL odds and lines.
- Click on the latest odds to instantly create a bet slip.
- Fill out the bet slip with a betting amount and other additional bets.
- Click to confirm and place your bets.
Top NHL promos and odds boosts
Online sportsbooks offer a variety of sports betting promos and odds boosts. There’s some great value to be found. Here’s a look at the best NHL promos and odds boosts out there.
- Caesars Sportsbook: A ‘Correct Score’ odds boost offering bigger than normal odds on already high-paying ‘Correct Score’ NHL bets. Get it right and you could get paid off at better than +2000 odds.
- DraftKings Sportsbook: A Stanley Cup bonus bet promo offering $100 in bonus bets to anyone placing a $5 bet on the Stanley Cup Finals.
- FanDuel Sportsbook: An NHL Winter Classic promo offering $5 in site credit for every goal that the winning team scores when you bet $25 or more on the NHL Winter Classic.
NHL best bets: puck lines, moneylines, totals
Here’s a quick look at the standard NHL game lines available at online sportsbooks.
|The Bet||How it Works||The Odds||The Payout|
|Puck Line||You pick a team to win a game with a puck-line spread factored into the final score. Standard 1.5-goal puck lines and alternates are available.||You lock in the odds when you bet. The puck line can flip favorites (-) and underdogs (+).||Pays out according to the odds as posted when you bet.|
|Moneyline||You pick a team to win a game outright. No spread involved.||You lock in the odds when you bet on either favorite (-) or underdog (+).||Pays out according to the odds as posted when you bet.|
|You pick the teams to score more or less than the line set by sportsbooks.||Near even odds on the over and under.||Pays out according to the odds as posted when you bet.|
NHL futures and props
NHL futures involve betting on an outcome of the NHL season. That might mean a bet on a team to win a certain number of regular season games, make the playoffs, advance to the Stanley Cup Finals, or win it all. There are also futures surrounding NHL awards.
Futures odds shrink on the favorites as the season nears its end. As a result, future odds are almost always better (that is, more profitable) earlier in the season, or even in the off-season. Of course, those odds are longer because it’s harder to predict the winner in those early stages.
Popular NHL futures include:
- Stanley Cup futures
- Conference championship futures
- Team win totals
- NHL award winners, such as the Hart Trophy (MVP), Calder Trophy (Rookie of the Year), Norris Trophy (Best Defenseman), Vezina Trophy (Best Goaltender)
NHL props involve betting on team and player performance in games. That might mean a bet on both teams scoring or a specific player putting up more or less than a certain number of points. Popular NHL prop bets include:
- Player goals
- Player points
- Team shots on goal
- Goalie saves
Alternate NHL puck lines
Alternatives to the standard 1.5-goal puck line are available at most online sportsbooks. These allow you to get bigger odds when you give away more goals and increase your chances of winning when you take more goals.
You might bet on a team at a -150 moneyline, but the -1.5-goal puck line pushes the odds to +150. You can push the odds to +250 by betting an alternative 2.5-goal puck line at +250, or you can take the other side. With a +2.5-goal puck line, you stand a better chance of winning, but you’ll have to accept decreased odds.
Finding the best NHL lines in KY
Finding the best NHL betting lines requires a little line shopping. Look around at several online sportsbooks to find the best price on a bet. If you manage to find better odds on an underdog or the chance to lay less money on a favorite, you’ll save money when you lose and win more when things go your way.
Most NHL lines start out the same at every sportsbook, but betting can change that, making the process of shopping around well worth your time.
Live NHL betting
You can bet on NHL games after they start with most online sportsbook apps. That means betting on game lines, period lines, and different props at odds that change with the action on the ice. Get in on the live betting action, and your phone or tablet will quickly become your favorite NHL game-watching companion.
What’s so special about NHL betting?
Hockey is a uniquely exciting sport, and betting on it can be a blast. Plus, there can be more opportunities to win when betting on hockey than on other sports. The lower-scoring and unpredictable nature of games makes setting lines a tough task. That means watching games, doing your own NHL research, and shopping lines can give you a slight edge you might not find in other sports.
NHL betting rules and regulations
Sportsbooks have different rules for NHL betting. They publish these rules so you know how NHL bets are settled under various circumstances. Most published NHL betting rules include provisions like these:
- Official NHL data is used to settle bets.
- Overtime counts.
- Shootout wins are worth a single goal.
- NHL futures bets stand regardless of trades or injuries.