It’s football time in Tennessee.
After a long and busy offseason in Knoxville, the 2021 Volunteers, led by debuting head coach Josh Heupel will take the field on Thursday night. The Vols will welcome in head coach Scot Loeffler and the Bowling Green Falcons.
On Monday, Heupel announced that Tennessee would be starting Joe Milton III at quarterback in Thursday’s game.
Prior to the game in Neyland Stadium, the Tennessee baseball team will host a home-run derby in Lindsey Nelson Stadium. In addition, all donations and proceeds from the free event will go to help flood and disaster relief in middle Tennessee. The home-run derby event will begin at 4:00 p.m. ET.
How to Watch – Bowling Green at Tennessee:
- Start Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
- TV: SEC Network
- Online Streaming: WatchESPN.com or the WatchESPN App
- Radio (Knoxville): The Vol Network/The Vol Network App
Odds and Statistics
- Fanduel Sportsbook
- Spread: Tennessee -35.5 (-104)/Bowling Green +35.5 (-118)
- Moneyline: Tennessee -20,000/Bowling Green +2800
- Total: O/U 60.5 (-110)
- Spread: Tennessee -35 (-110)/Bowling Green +35 (-110)
- First Half Spread: Tennessee -22 (-110)/Bowling Green +22 (-110)
- Total: Over 61 (-115), Under 61 (-105)
- ESPN‘s Football Power Index also gives Tennessee is 96.9 percent chance to win, according to their database’s algorithm.
Thursday’s matchup between Tennessee and Bowling Green will be the second meeting in program history. Previously, the two teams squared off on Sept. 5, 2015, for the first time ever. The game was held in Nissan Stadium in Nashville, TN, and was the season-opener that year.
- Bowling Green – 30 @ No. 25 Tennessee – 59
Tennessee Depth Chart
Week 1 Depth Chart.
— Tennessee Football (@Vol_Football) August 30, 2021