The “Artful Dodger” Holloway Era Throwback Uniform
- Originally called the “Protest Uniform” when it debuted in 1971. UT protested being forced to add a white jersey for away games, so a large orange area was added to the shoulders.
- Features orange shoulder panels and orange sleeve cuffs.
- Black trim around the orange numbers, and the NOB (Name on Back) is in black as well.
- Double orange stripes on the pants.
- Orange stripes on the socks as well.
- Retro block T and Vols script logo on the base of the collar and on the hip.
- Gray facemask, old school Power T (thinner and larger than current design), and a thinner one inch stripe on the helmet.
- One of the most popular fan favorite uniforms in Vol Nation.
- Was also worn as a throwback in 2004 vs. UNLV.
I’ve always wanted to see a chromed out orange helmet.
I still like the smokey gray, especially close to Halloween.
Matted Orange Helmet w/Black POWER T and white outline.