“Miracle at South Bend” Throwback Uniform
- This uniform is to honor one of the greatest comebacks in Tennessee football history.
- In 1991, the Vols faced the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame in South Bend and were staring at a 31-7 deficit right before the end of the first half. A blocked field goal by the Vols changed everything. The Big Orange stormed back to win 35-34 to stun the Notre Dame crowd.
- The win is affectionately referred to as “The Miracle at South Bend” by Vol fans.
- The uniform design features the retro interlocking UT logo on the collar and hip.
- The numbers are styled like the 1991 uniform with white and orange trim. It also features the faux-mesh style.
- Orange Pants with double white stripes and orange leg warmers/tights with black cleats.
I’ve always wanted to see a chromed out orange helmet.
I still like the smokey gray, especially close to Halloween.
Matted Orange Helmet w/Black POWER T and white outline.