No. 14 Tennessee (1-0) takes on No. 3 Georgia (2-0) in Athens this Saturday. Kickoff with the Bulldogs is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.
Rocky Top Insider is tracking throughout the week which players are expected to be available and which players are not expected to play due to injury. We’ll continue to update the status of players from both teams leading up until kickoff.
Here’s a look at the injury report for this weekend’s matchup between the Vols and Bulldogs:
Updated as of 7 a.m. ET on Thursday morning
- DB Bryce Thompson, Jr. (Active)
- Thompson “is fine” according to Pruitt on Wednesday. Thompson only played on third downs against Missouri after getting banged up during Tuesday’s practice leading into the game.
- LT Jahmir Johnson, Sr. (Questionable)
- Pruitt said during Vol Calls that Johnson is dealing with a bone bruise in his ankle that held him out during last Saturday’s game against Missouri. Pruitt said he isn’t 100%, but that he’s “getting closer” and that he’s “working hard to get back.”
- DB Shawn Shamburger, Sr. (Active)
- Shamburger “will play” against Georgia on Saturday, Pruitt stated during the SEC Teleconference on Wednesday. Shamburger did not play in Tennessee’s first two games of the season for reasons unknown.
- DL Savion Williams, Sr. (Questionable)
- That status of Williams is unknown. He has not played in Tennessee’s first two games.
- TE Austin Pope, Sr. (OUT)
- Pope had offseason back surgery over the summer. Though he was ahead of schedule and on track to be ready for the season opener, Pope had a setback and will “probably” not play this season according to Jeremy Pruitt.
- RB Dee Beckwith, Fr. (OUT)
- Beckwith suffered an ankle injury during practice the week leading into the South Carolina game. Pruitt stated on Wednesday that Beckwith is currently working on the scout team as he works his way back from injury.
Tennessee opt outs:
- WR Deangelo Gibbs
- QB JT Daniels, (Probable)
- The USC transfer was medically cleared to return last week following an ACL tear that cost him his 2019 season at USC. Daniels has yet to make an appearance at Georgia and is unlikely to play against the Vols as he’s likely the No. 3 quarterback on the depth chart.
- RB James Cook, (Probable)
- Cook dealt with a shoulder injury in the Auburn game, but will be available to play this weekend
- TE Tre’ McKitty, (Probable)
- The Florida State graduate transfer is working back from a knee injury that has cost him to miss the final couple of weeks during fall camp and the first two games of the season. Smart is “hopeful” that he’ll play against Tennessee and said that he practiced on Tuesday and “did a good job.”
- CB Kelee Ringo, (OUT)
- Ringo underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum over the summer and is out for the season. The freshman was the No. 1 ranked corner in the 2020 recruiting class.
- WR Dominick Blaylock (OUT)
- Blaylock tore his ACL during preseason camp and is out for the season.
- WR Arian Smith (OUT)
- The freshman wide receiver suffered a knee injury in June that required surgery. Smart said during the SEC Teleconference on Wednesday that he’s still working back from the injury.
Georgia opt outs:
- QB Jamie Newman